Sunday, October 19, 2014

Writing

I have been writing for such a long time and I do not remember when was the first time that I wrote, but I know that the first time I write was most likely out of necessity. I honestly only enjoy writing when it is something that interest me. If I have to write abut a topic that interest me I get excited and sometimes I come to the point during my writing that I cannot stop. I lull myself into the kind of comfort that can only come from having the right words at the right time. One of the memories I have about writing that I really enjoyed was in my High School English class where we had our own journals. I really enjoyed being able to write about what I did that week or something that was important to me that was worth writing down in my journal. I remember after high school when I was going through all my high school materials to see what I should save or throw away, I found that journal. I read a couple of my journal entries and I loved remembering some of the events that had occurred that I wrote about. I think having a journal is fun because it is something that you can look back on and that carries a lot of important memories to you. The desire to write comes from noticing the weight that a flawlessly crafted sentence or topic takes off you and you realize that you could go on about anything.
            Writing is very important. It is the primary basis upon which your work, your leaning, and your intellect will be judged- in college, in the workplace, and in the community. It expresses who you are as a person. Writing is also important because it is communication. We can communicate with other through writing when they are not with us, either through a letter, email, or a text message. It influences the way we think and forces us to confront issues, to define and redefine our own feelings and positions, and enables us to express ourselves to others in more effective ways. On a personal level, writing enables us to reflect deeply on our own experience, to examine critically our most basic assumptions, and to be in touch with our innermost selves. In a way, writing is a self-discovery process.  It would enable us to gain a deeper understanding of society as well as people, life, and ourselves. Writing is an essential job skill. When I become a teacher I will also be doing a lot of writing by writing up lesson plans, emails, and work that my students or me have to do. So I want to make sure that I write more often, not just for school so that I can better my writing. I want to be able to inspire my students.
            As we can see writing is very important and as a future teacher I believe writing is a valuable skill to teach to my students. By teaching my students how to write, they will gain all the skills that I stated in the last paragraph. I want to make sure that they understand that writing is very important. I will make some writing assignments fun for them, like free writing because I know it is something that they will enjoy. I will also have them do some writing assignments that they might not quiet enjoy, but it is for their own good and something that they need to do. By having the free writing it will sort of even it out for them so that they will not be bored with writing. I really want to have a journal for my students where they can write things that they did or events that happened in their life during the week. They will write in their journals once a week. I want to do this because I want them to be able to look back and see what they did and enjoy writing down important events to them.



            

1 comment:

  1. I really like your blog! Anyways, this post was very interesting. I think you should reread it for basic grammar mistakes. Otherwise, i thought it to be very good! I like how you went through the means in which writing is created and described each one. I felt that your blog post flowed very nicely because you took a lot of your ideas for this post very easily. You began with your own individual writing and what you personally think of it, then you went towards the BIGGER picture on how everyone writes. Finally, you closed your post with the main point of your topic: your students writing and your thoughts on writing as a future teacher. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete