Main Street, Magic
Kingdom
As
I stand on the side walk of Main Street,
I
look around me and watch the snow start to fall
Thousands
of people lined up beside me,
their
voices blending in with the Christmas music.
I
feel the Christmas spirit all around me.
White,
green, and red is spotted all around,
from
decorations to the clothes people are dressed in.
Families
singing, dancing, and taking pictures together.
Minnie
and Mickie dressed in Santa’s outfit,
walking
around greeting everyone.
The
smell of hot chocolate and freshly baked cookies starts to fill the air
Standing
there with my cup of hot chocolate,
I
wait patiently with everyone else for the parade.
Every
December,
Thousands
of people visit Magic Kingdom just like me.
I
will be back here again when Christmas time falls!
I wrote this poem in my creative writing class in the Fall of 2013. The assignment was to get a picture, and write a poem on it. We had to actually describe more than what we actually see in the picture. We had to actually describe the emotions going on in the picture as well. I choose a picture that was taken on Main Street in Magic Kingdom during Christmas season.

No comments:
Post a Comment